Super easy, fast and yummy! This fruit salad has been updated from the fruit salads I remember as a child to be a little healthier and easy. The only complaint I have about this salad is that it never lasts long enough! Perfect for picnics and last minute potlucks.
Easy recipe. Short prep time. Vegetarian. Vegan.
Easy Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 can mixed fruit – drained well (in light syrup or juice)
- 1 small can crushed pineapple – drained well (in natural juice)
- 1 small can Mandarin oranges (optional) – well drained
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- So Delicious CocoWhip – I don’t usually recommend brands but this is the best for this recipe I have found. No I’m not being paid for the recommendation.
- About 1 cup- Vegan mini marshmallows (optional)
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- Drain all fruit very well then mix together in a bowl. (If the fruit is not drained well your salad will be watery).
- Add unsweetened coconut to taste.
- Add vegan marshmallows to taste.
- Add pecan pieces.
- Mix CocoWhip until the mixture is well coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
I recommend making a double batch if you plan on taking this to a potluck or party. It goes fast!
Have a Daisy May Day!
Banana Crumb Muffins… yummm.
These are perfect for a lazy Sunday morning. They are decadent and delicious but easy to make and they won’t take your whole morning so the cook can enjoy some down time too!
Easy. Vegetarian (with vegan suggestions).
Banana Crumb Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 2 large bananas mashed (very ripe works best)
- 3/4 cup morena sugar (or white sugar)
- 1 egg lightly beaten (substitute an egg replacement for vegan)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (substitute non-hydrogenated margarine for vegan)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp softened butter (substitute non-hydrogenated margarine for vegan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease muffin pan (dozen)
- In bowl beat together mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
- Mix flour into banana mixture
- Spoon into muffin pans
- In a separate bowl mix brown sugar, cinnamon and flour.
- Slowly mix in softened butter until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbles onto top of muffin mixture.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Have a Daisy May Day!
You can easily adjust the ingredients in this recipe to accommodate your tastes or by the amount of an ingredient you have on hand.
Easy, Vegan, and healthy
1 medium to large bunch organic kale
1 large sweet potato
About 4 medium red potatoes
2 cans pinto beans (Can use spicy beans if you like)
Salt to taste
Peel and cut sweet potato into chunks. In an 8 quart pot bring about 4 quarts water to boil. Boil sweet potatoes while chopping red potatoes into bite size pieces. Add red potatoes to boiling mixture. Allow potatoes to boil until done but still firm. Chop kale to large bite size pieces. Add kale to soup pot. Once kale is cooked add beans (do not drain). Continue cooking only long enough for canned beans to heat through. Season to taste.
About 4 hearty servings.