If you are like me you have lots of old Christmas towels, table cloths, napkins and other cloth items that have nostalgic value but no longer go well with your current decor or are just worn or stained from years of loving use. Have you considered creating a memory quilt with those items? Most people think of memory quilts as made of old clothing from a loved one but there are many different kinds of memory quilts. Some ideas would be to make place mats, table runners, decorative wall tapestries, or cheery holiday throw to wrap up in on a chilly night.
If you try this send me a pic! I love seeing others creative ideas.
Not ready to tackle a memory quilt on your own but still want one? I make all kinds of memory quilts. Contact me directly here or visit my Etsy shop Daisy May Days.
Happy Holidays Everyone!
I injured my arm. And then the blind on the window overlooking my main sewing machine decided to jump off the track if I didn’t use both hands. So now the evil blind is in the trash and I made this curtain from two discarded cotton scarves. What do you think? I kind of like it.
Super easy, fast and yummy! This fruit salad has been updated from the fruit salads I remember as a child to be a little healthier and easy. The only complaint I have about this salad is that it never lasts long enough! Perfect for picnics and last minute potlucks.
Easy recipe. Short prep time. Vegetarian. Vegan.
Easy Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 can mixed fruit – drained well (in light syrup or juice)
- 1 small can crushed pineapple – drained well (in natural juice)
- 1 small can Mandarin oranges (optional) – well drained
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- So Delicious CocoWhip – I don’t usually recommend brands but this is the best for this recipe I have found. No I’m not being paid for the recommendation.
- About 1 cup- Vegan mini marshmallows (optional)
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- Drain all fruit very well then mix together in a bowl. (If the fruit is not drained well your salad will be watery).
- Add unsweetened coconut to taste.
- Add vegan marshmallows to taste.
- Add pecan pieces.
- Mix CocoWhip until the mixture is well coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
I recommend making a double batch if you plan on taking this to a potluck or party. It goes fast!
Have a Daisy May Day!