I injured my arm. And then the blind on the window overlooking my main sewing machine decided to jump off the track if I didn’t use both hands. So now the evil blind is in the trash and I made this curtain from two discarded cotton scarves. What do you think? I kind of like it.
Super easy, fast and yummy! This fruit salad has been updated from the fruit salads I remember as a child to be a little healthier and easy. The only complaint I have about this salad is that it never lasts long enough! Perfect for picnics and last minute potlucks.
Easy recipe. Short prep time. Vegetarian. Vegan.
Easy Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 can mixed fruit – drained well (in light syrup or juice)
- 1 small can crushed pineapple – drained well (in natural juice)
- 1 small can Mandarin oranges (optional) – well drained
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- So Delicious CocoWhip – I don’t usually recommend brands but this is the best for this recipe I have found. No I’m not being paid for the recommendation.
- About 1 cup- Vegan mini marshmallows (optional)
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- Drain all fruit very well then mix together in a bowl. (If the fruit is not drained well your salad will be watery).
- Add unsweetened coconut to taste.
- Add vegan marshmallows to taste.
- Add pecan pieces.
- Mix CocoWhip until the mixture is well coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
I recommend making a double batch if you plan on taking this to a potluck or party. It goes fast!
Have a Daisy May Day!
I found this really cool superhero themed fabric and I’m making something with it today. Can you guess what it is? Visit and like my Facebook page to see what I made (I will finish today) and vote if I should make another.
Be sure to check out my Etsy store, Daisy May Days, where I sell the things I make.
Banana Crumb Muffins… yummm.
These are perfect for a lazy Sunday morning. They are decadent and delicious but easy to make and they won’t take your whole morning so the cook can enjoy some down time too!
Easy. Vegetarian (with vegan suggestions).
Banana Crumb Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 2 large bananas mashed (very ripe works best)
- 3/4 cup morena sugar (or white sugar)
- 1 egg lightly beaten (substitute an egg replacement for vegan)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (substitute non-hydrogenated margarine for vegan)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp softened butter (substitute non-hydrogenated margarine for vegan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease muffin pan (dozen)
- In bowl beat together mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
- Mix flour into banana mixture
- Spoon into muffin pans
- In a separate bowl mix brown sugar, cinnamon and flour.
- Slowly mix in softened butter until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbles onto top of muffin mixture.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Have a Daisy May Day!